Luxury home in Ridgway, Colorado located on a seven-acre site selling absolute
The first thing you'll notice about the Eagle’s Nest is its incredible setting on a hillside looking out over an unspoiled valley, set against the Sneffels Range. But once you walk through the heavy wood doors, you’ll be caught up in the design and workmanship that went into this amazing new home.
• Built in Arts and Crafts style, the Eagle’s Nest makes the most of the massive fir timbers, accented by rugged blacksmith-forged hardware, including chandeliers and hinges. An entire chapter of the 2004 book, A Heritage of Iron, is devoted to the ironwork in this home.
• Features a great room with a 28-foot cathedral ceiling of massive Douglas fir timber, plus a central Rumford fireplace built of brick from the 1880s.
• Located on 7-acre site, surrounded by other large parcels, ensuring a clutter-free landscape for years to come.
• Ultra-high-end construction techniques such as extensive use of mortise-and-tenon joinery and pegs rather than metal fasteners.
• High-end kitchen with granite countertops, intricate mosaic backsplashes, stone flooring, custom cabinetry and brickwork surrounding the ovens.
• Southern exposure for natural sun warmth, supplemented by Ultrafin in-floor heat.
• Two lofts for spacious family living.