Sold! This historic plantation is located on 37+/- acres in the heart of Thomasville, Georgia and will be selling fully furnished to the highest bidder. With its authentic southern charm, this sprawling estate truly takes its visitors back to an era of luxury that is difficult to find outside of this town filled with peaceful elegance.
Coalson Plantation features all of the luxury amenities of an elite resort including a fitness center, magnificent pool house, Showboat Theatre, a five-building village, polo field, honeymoon suite and restaurant. The plantation will sell fully furnished, including all furniture and maintenance and workout equipment.
Among the most stunning views of the Coalson Plantation is its grounds and landscaping. Along with the beautiful oak and magnolia trees draped with Spanish moss, the property also has formal boxwood gardens, rose gardens and peacocks that protect and roam the grounds.
The Historic Coalson Plantation includes 33 guest rooms, 35 full bathrooms and 13 half bathrooms in more than 20 buildings, making it a prime candidate for a resort in renowned Thomasville.
• Eight guest suites
• 13 bedroom suites
• Originally constructed in 1825
• Restaurant with commercial kitchen
• Includes presidential suite
• 7,972 square feet
• Historic, antique columns
• Ten-foot ceilings
• Bathroom featuring double sinks and double-jetted tub
• Built in 1934
• 20x50 indoor, heated , marble pool averaging six feet deep
• Men’s and women’s lounges
• Designed to resemble the stage of Broadway’s Showboat Theatre
• Hosted the first private screening of Gone with the Wind
• Constructed in 1934
VILLAGE AT COALSON:
• Within walking distance from the Main House
• Comprised of six brick cottages with Georgian Revival architecture
• Includes Bowden Presidential Suite with wet bar, large screen television and theatre surround sound system
The picturesque estate offers an equestrian center with 7 large stalls, 10± acre paddock, tack room and separate hay, feed and utility barns. Coalson Plantation also includes a regulation size polo field, fully-equipped fitness center, conference center, and tennis courts.
Thomasville, located in the heart of plantation country, is famous for its quail hunting. Coalson Plantation, only minutes from downtown Thomasville, offers a historic feel with exceptional shopping and dining.